How many times have you found yourself in need of professional heating, cooling, or plumbing help, only to find out your local repair company has checked out for the day? This can result in frustration or the risk of serious damage to your Philadelphia, PA home. At City Plumbing, we take this stress away by providing quality 24-hour emergency service to all our customers in the area. Whether it’s an air conditioner that’s blowing hot air, a furnace that won’t turn on, or a burst pipe pouring water into your home, you can count on our contractors to provide you with the highest standard of workmanship and customer care.
Looking for easy ways to avoid an emergency? Be sure to keep up with routine maintenance like drain cleaning, and enjoy an efficient and comfortable home.
What Is Considered an HVAC Emergency?
Sometimes, it can be difficult to gauge what is considered an HVAC emergency and what can wait until the morning. If it’s still pretty warm outside but you wanted your heater on for an extra layer of comfort, you may get away with waiting it out before you need to call a professional.
However, there are some instances that require immediate attention and inspection from a trusted HVAC technician. Some of these instances include:
- Freezing Temperatures: If you’re a Philadelphia resident, you’re aware of just how brutal winters can be. Extreme freezing temperatures absolutely require a properly working heating system. If your heater stops providing your home with adequate heat, you are experiencing an HVAC emergency.
- No Cool Air: While winters are cold, summers can be just as tough without a properly working AC. Some common issues that warrant emergency air conditioner repairs include fluctuating temperatures, a system that won’t turn on, and a refrigerant leak under your unit. Essentially, if your AC isn’t producing the cold air you need, there’s a problem.
- Sensitive Household Members: Not everyone is in the position to regulate their own body temperature. Young children, the elderly, and sick individuals are at extreme risk when temperatures are at all-time highs or lows. Anytime your heating or cooling system is struggling to keep your home comfortable, it’s a cause for concern.
At City Plumbing, we are your reliable emergency AC and heating repair service company. From troubleshooting your system to completing the repairs, you can count on our HVAC contractors to get the air flowing again in your home - guaranteed!
Common Emergency Plumbing Issues
While a temperature issue can be a cause for concern, emergency plumbing problems are just as dangerous. Many Philadelphia County homeowners have dealt with a run of the mill issue like water leaks at some point. However, there are some situations that can cause significantly more damage and should be addressed by an emergency plumber as quickly as possible. This can include:
- Frozen Pipes
- Gas Leaks
- Slab Leaks
- Sewer Line Issues
- Backflow Concerns
- Damaged Water Heaters
- Severe Clogs
Even the smallest blockage in your plumbing can escalate into a serious issue if left unrepaired or serviced. At City Plumbing, we are your reliable emergency plumbing service company. We offer 24-hour availability and can help limit severe property damage, lowering your repair costs and restoring your comfort as quickly as possible.
The most any homeowner can do is perform preventive measures in your home. Be sure to schedule annual furnace tune-ups to keep emergency heating issues at bay.
What Should You Do Before Your Professional Arrives?
Once you’ve called your trusted emergency service company, you are one step closer to a properly working home. As you wait for your professional to arrive, here are a few precautionary steps you should take:
- Make Space: Once your HVAC technician is on the way, you can make their job easier by clearing the entryway to the location of the problem. This will ensure the expert can efficiently do their job without having to worry about clutter blocking the unit.
- Exit The Home If Necessary: In some instances, such as a gas leak, it may be necessary to vacate the home completely until the issue is resolved. Inhaling toxic gas fumes can be life-threatening and should always be avoided.
- Bundle Up: If you are experiencing HVAC issues during extreme temperatures, it’s essential to keep your body temperature regulated in whatever ways you can. Pull out the fleece blankets, fuzzy socks, and that one ugly Christmas sweater you’ve been waiting to wear all year.
- Protect Valuables: If your emergency issue is plumbing related, be sure to remove any valuables or electronics from harm’s way. Water damage is one of the most severe issues you can deal with, and being proactive about caring for your belongings can go a long way.
Why Choose Us?
If you’re in the greater Philadelphia area, you’re most likely aware you have countless options to choose from when it comes to professional HVAC and plumbing services. However, when you’re searching for premier customer service, unbeatable rates, and a company that provides quality 24-hour emergency services, City Plumbing is the right choice for you!