Most residents of Philadelphia, PA have come to accept two things: Philly cheesesteaks are the superior sandwich and winters are impossible without an adequate heat supply. With temperatures frequently dipping below freezing, the importance of having a properly functioning heating system can’t be stressed enough. If your home uses a furnace to keep your family warm, it’s important to properly maintain it in order for it to function correctly. At City Plumbing, we are your dependable heating contractors, keeping your home comfortable and your family safe when you need it the most.
Is your furnace beyond repairs? Be sure to upgrade to a high-efficiency alternative when you opt for furnace replacement services.
Signs Your Furnace Needs Repairs
When your furnace begins to malfunction, your home’s heat supply can be negatively impacted and result in your family being left in the cold. It’s important to tend to malfunctions as soon as they occur in order to prevent further damage. The most common indicators that your furnace is in need of repairs include:
- Inadequate Heat: Perhaps one of the most obvious indications that something is wrong with your furnace is it’s failing to provide your home with adequate heat. This can be caused by an array of different culprits such as a faulty thermostat or a damaged heat exchanger. It can be difficult to know what the source is which why it’s always best to get the opinion of a professional HVAC technician.
- Pilot Light Isn’t Blue: The pilot light on your furnace should always be blue. If it’s not, that’s a good indication that something is wrong with the system. A yellow pilot light may signal that there is a ventilation issue so make sure you always pay attention to the color of your pilot light.
- Poor Air Quality: Aside from dirty air filters or clogged air ducts, the state of your furnace can also negatively impact your indoor air quality. Debris and moisture can become trapped within your furnace which may result in the circulation of contaminants around your home.
- Foul Smells: If you notice a strange smell that doesn’t go away when your furnace is switched on, there may be an issue with your unit. Gas leaks or trapped debris can be culprits of foul odors emitting from your furnace. Gas leaks are extremely hazardous so if you ever notice a smell of rotten eggs within your home, give City Plumbing a call immediately.
- Loud Sounds: If you’re ever startled by noises emitting from your furnace, there’s a good chance that something is wrong with the unit. Banging sounds can indicate loose internal parts while squealing can mean a fan issue is present.
More often than not, your furnace will only be used for a few months a year. Because of this, it’s more prone to fall into disrepair. By keeping an eye out for repair symptoms, you can easily avoid a major emergency when you need heat the most.
One of the easiest maintenance tasks most homeowners in the Philadelphia County area ignore is filter replacements. Never forget this task by scheduling it out with our heating pros!
The Importance of Ongoing Maintenance
You never want to neglect your furnace, as that could cause the need for frequent repairs or replacement services. Some of the benefits you can expect to reap by investing in ongoing furnace maintenance services include:
- Increased Efficiency: A malfunctioning furnace will consume nearly double as much energy as one that is properly doing its job. During routine inspections, our HVAC experts will be able to make sure your furnace is functioning properly and not needlessly draining energy.
- Fewer Repairs: If you find yourself needing frequent furnace repairs, you know that these costs can quickly begin to add up. The best way to eliminate this problem is by having an expert find small problems before they turn into big ones.
- Improved Safety: As we stated above, furnace malfunctions can lead to gas leak issues if you’re not careful. By having an expert regularly checking for potential gas leak risks you can feel safe knowing you don’t have to worry about leaks.
- Increased Unit Life: During routine maintenance services, our technicians can extend the life of your furnace by doing small things such as lubricating components and inspecting drains to prevent your unit from suffering from common wear and tear issues.
Your Reliable Furnace Contractors
For over 20 years, City Plumbing has been providing quality HVAC services to Philadelphia County. From furnace repairs to air ducts cleaning, we make it our duty to provide homeowners with adequate heat during the winter and cool air during the summer. If your furnace is on the fritz or you just want to extend its life, you can count on our heating service company to keep your system in top shape. As homeowners in the area, we understand how important these systems are to our comfort, and quite frankly, our safety. So the next time your furnace is struggling to produce warm air or it won’t turn on at all, you know you can count on our heating contractors for help.