If you never think about your home’s furnace, that means it has been doing its job properly, providing your Philadelphia, PA home with warm and comfortable air. It’s not until our furnaces malfunction that we begin to realize just how much we rely on these units to keep us warm. If it’s time for your furnace to be replaced, City Plumbing is here to help! As the leading central heating service company, you can count on our experts to help you find the ideal replacement option for your system, completing the furnace installation service to the highest standard possible!
Is your current unit younger than 15 years but experiencing malfunctions? You may be in need of professional furnace repair services.
When Should You Replace Your Furnace?
The costs of frequent repairs can quickly begin to add up and take a toll on your pockets. Especially when you end up dishing out more funds on repairs than the total cost of a new replacement. Some of the most common indications that it’s time for a replacement furnace include:
- 15+ Years Old: Most furnaces have a lifespan of up to 15 years. After the 15 year mark, the unit becomes increasingly susceptible to normal wear and tear and can result in the unit becoming completely dysfunctional.
- High Energy Bill: Like most HVAC systems in your home, when a furnace is damaged, it consumes more energy than necessary to effectively do its job. If you notice that your home’s energy bills are consistently high, it may be time for a new furnace.
- Inadequate Heat: Your furnace essentially only has one job: keep your home warm. So when it can no longer perform its only task, it can be rendered useless. Yes, some malfunctions can be fixed, but if you want to eliminate the need for constant repairs, a furnace replacement is the right choice for you.
- Frequent Repairs: As we previously stated, if you find yourself needing constant repairs, it’s time for a new installation. These costs add up and you don’t want to spend more money fixing an old unit then simply buy a new one.
In the event that you’re facing an expensive repair and your furnace is on the older side, opting for a furnace replacement may be the best option. Not only will it ensure a long-term solution to your heating needs, but also it’s one of the best ways to upgrade your home.
With a new furnace in place, be sure it’s working at its best with a thermostat upgrade. With modern features and smartphone integration, replacing your furnace is a must!
Benefits of Installing a New Furnace
When it comes to the decision of furnace replacement or repairs, it’s important to analyze the various benefits to recoup from a new installation:
- Modern Features: As technology advances, so do the HVAC systems we rely on to keep us warm/cool. Newer systems come equipped with various features ranging from programmable thermostats to complementary apps that can be used to control the settings.
- Higher Efficiency: Modern furnaces are extremely energy-efficient, consuming up to 30% less fuel than older systems. This can drastically reduce energy bills, allowing you to see a return on investment from the initial installation costs.
- Even & Consistent Heating: Contrary to their traditional counterparts which often face issues with HVAC zoning, modern systems make heating your home as easy as possible.
At City Plumbing, our Philadelphia County heating contractors take your home and budget into account. This not only ensures that we find a furnace that can adequately heat your home, but also one that won’t break the bank. With winter temperatures reaching all-time lows year after year, having a dependable furnace installation has never been more important.
Working With Our Heating Experts
City Plumbing has been serving the greater Philadelphia area for over two decades. Our knowledgeable technicians take the stress out of HVAC emergencies by providing quality, long-lasting solutions. Whether you’re in the market for a new furnace or your current unit needs repairs, our experts can help!