Access to air conditioning is a luxury most of us take for granted. It’s easy to carry on with our daily lives pretending that our AC units haveto work, but the truth is, these systems can fail us at any given time. Here at City Plumbing, we provide quality central air conditioning repair and maintenance services to the greater Philadelphia, PA area! Whether you have a system that won’t turn on or you’re looking to be proactive about care before the summer months, our air conditioning contractors are here to keep your home cool and your family comfortable.
Want to eliminate the need for frequent repairs? Consider an AC replacement - it may offer longer-lasting solutions for your home.
The Most Common AC Issues
One of the most efficient ways to avoid issues and malfunctions with your AC unit is knowing what common problems look like in the first place. Some of the most common air conditioning repair issues our clients' experience include:
- No Cold Air: Is your air conditioner blowing lukewarm air? Do the temperatures fluctuate throughout the day? Your AC should be able to produce consistently cold temperatures when you need it. If it isn’t, call for repair.
- Spiked Energy Bill: Most homeowners will have a general idea of what their utility costs will be. While you may see some increases in heavy usage months, like summer, anything outside of the norm should always be a cause for concern.
- Airflow Issues: Are there certain areas of your home that get little to no cold air? Is there a vent in your home that’s partially blocked? Airflow issues are often the first sign of trouble. As your system deteriorates, it may struggle to distribute air throughout your home, leading to these issues.
- Leaks: Whether it’s a refrigerant leak or frozen evaporator coils that are thawing, any excess moisture or water leakage under or around your unit is a cause for concern. Not only does it mean that your air conditioner needs repairs, but often, that moisture can cause damage as well.
Anytime your air conditioner is struggling to keep your home cool and comfortable, it should be a cause for concern. While Philadelphia County is no stranger to warm temperatures, your home should be a safe haven of cool and comfortable air.
Now that your summer temperatures are taken care of, be sure you’re ready for the winter season with a furnace tune-up.
Why Is AC Maintenance Important?
Most AC malfunctions are actually preventable with the proper maintenance services. Routine air conditioner maintenance is beneficial for the following reasons:
- Efficiency: A malfunctioning AC unit needs to work twice as hard when the components aren’t working properly. This means your unit is using way more energy than it needs to, which can result in high energy bills and the need for frequent repairs.
- Air Quality: Nothing is more important than the air we breathe. When our AC units aren’t working properly, our indoor air quality is put in jeopardy. Make sure your air quality is up to par by scheduling routine air conditioning maintenance services.
- Prevent Further Damage: As we previously stated, a lot of the issues we experience with our AC units can be prevented with professional maintenance. In order to avoid costly repairs, invest in quality HVAC maintenance services today.
It’s strongly recommended to have routine AC maintenance service at least once a year. This is the best way to ensure your system is always up to par, especially for the summer months. When you call City Plumbing for air conditioning maintenance, you can expect our technicians to do a thorough inspection, testing all major components to ensure your system is in the best working order.
Trust Our Expert Cooling Service Company
If you’re in the greater Philadelphia, PA area, City Plumbing is your trusted HVAC contractor. From AC repairs to routine professional maintenance services, our experts go above and beyond to provide long-lasting solutions. We understand the importance of a comfortable home and go the extra mile to offer quality and dependable services.