Clogged drains surpass just being a nuisance and quickly fall into the “obstruction of daily routines” category if left unchecked. From tangled wads of hair to plastic toddler toys, our drains see the worst of the worst and the result is usually the loss of access to clean water. In order to protect your home’s water supply, call City Plumbing today and find out how you can benefit from our drain cleaning services!
There are many different methods for drain cleaning out there. Give us a call today and ask about our professional hydro jetting services.
What Are the Most Common Signs Your Drains Need Cleaning?
The first step in preventing clogged drains is knowing what it looks like when your drains are clogged in the first place. Some of the most common indicators that it’s time for professional drain cleaning services include:
- Slow Draining: You’ve experienced this one before. When you’re taking a soothing shower only to find yourself ankle-deep in bathing water. Or when you’re brushing your teeth and the water is filling to the top of the sink. If this sounds familiar, you’re definitely in need of professional drain cleaning.
- Frequent Clogs: If you find yourself needing to DIY-attempt to clean your drains every other week, that could be a sign the clog is more severe than you thought. While we understand the convenience of store-bought drain cleaning solutions, sometimes the best thing you can do is call the professionals.
- Foul Odor: Nothing is worse than cleaning your home from top to bottom only for the foul smell of sewage to remain. Or scrubbing your kitchen spotless for it to remain smelling like spoiled food. If this is happening to you, give us a call.
- Flooding: Perhaps one of the most destructive and expensive signs it’s time for drain cleaning is flooding within your home. An untreated clog can quickly transform into a nasty flood in your basement or first floor. Don’t wait for this to happen to you, seek professional assistance right away!
- Multiple Clogs: Have you ever noticed your bathroom’s drains were clogged only to find out quickly that your kitchen drains are backed up as well? If so, there could be a deeper underlying issue with your home’s main sewage line.
For many homeowners, drain cleaning is often thought of as a DIY dilemma. While there are store-bought chemicals Philadelphia County homeowners can try, in most cases, it can damage your plumbing even further. Instead, work with an experienced plumber to find a long-term fix to your clogging issues.
How to Avoid Clogs in the Future
It’s widely accepted that the best treatment is prevention and this couldn’t be any closer to the truth when it comes to your drains. There are several preventative tactics you can apply in order to avoid the headache that is also known as clogged drains. Some of these methods include:
- Pay Attention to What Goes Down the Drain: Perhaps the most effective way to prevent clogs is by being watchful about what is getting disposed of via our drains. This includes food scraps and utensils being lodged in the garbage disposal. This also includes excessive toilet paper usage being flushed down the toilet.
- Watch Out for Excessive Hair: One of the biggest culprits behind clogged drains is wads of hair being lodged down the drain. Activities such as shaving and washing your hair in the shower can have huge, negative impacts on your drains.
- Professional Drain Maintenance: After you’ve done all you can, the next step is to schedule routine drain maintenance with a professional drain repair service such as City Plumbing.
It’s always a good idea to work with your family to understand what causes blockages and what you can do to prevent them. Even something as simple as placing a garbage can near the toilet can help prevent miscellaneous objects from finding their way down the drain.
Of course, some clogs are caused by issues deeper in your plumbing system. We also offer sewer line repair services to handle these concerns as well.
Benefits of Routine Drain Maintenance
If you’re a homeowner, it’s important to keep up with all of the components that make your house a home. Routine drain cleaning is the best way to protect the natural balance and to avoid the obstruction of daily routines. Some of the various benefits of proper drain services are:
- Clears stubborn clogs
- Eliminates slow drains
- Lowers the risk of plumbing emergencies
- Reduces odors
- Provides the opportunity to identify other plumbing issues that may be affecting your water use and drainage, from improperly graded or ventilated drains to leaky pipes.
For the past two decades, City Plumbing has been providing the greater Philadelphia with quality service as well as affordable, upfront pricing. We value your time and your peace of mind which is why we go above and beyond to take care of all your plumbing needs. Regardless if you’re in need of professional drain cleaning services or are dealing with a plumbing emergency in the middle of the night, our experts can help!