Air filters are the safety net that keeps harmful bacteria from circulating throughout your home and infecting your loved ones. If you want to keep your indoor air quality safe, invest in filter replacement services today! As homeowners in Philadelphia, PA, we understand that changing air filters is a task that often falls to the wayside. Because of this, our HVAC pros at City Plumbing have made the process simpler than ever!
Want to take more precautions to protect your indoor air quality? Ask about our professional air duct cleaning services today!
Benefits of Routine Air Filter Replacement
Air filters trap contaminants before they have a chance to circulate via your AC unit or furnace. This is why it’s extremely important to have these filters replaced regularly, as an old, dirty filter serves no use in keeping your air protected. There are various benefits to reap from replacing your air filters such as:
- Improved Air Quality: EPA research indicates that our indoor air is 70% more polluted than outside air. Dust mites, pollen, and other debris can quickly accumulate in our vents and HVAC systems. When this happens, these contaminants are circulated throughout our homes drastically diminishing the indoor air quality.
- Lower Energy Bills: Without a fully functioning air filter to protect our HVAC systems, our units can become clogged with debris and require them to work twice as hard to provide our homes with adequate heat/cool air.
- Extends Life of Unit: As we previously stated, our air filters keep our HVAC systems protected from harmful contaminants. By routinely changing air filters, we can preserve the life of our units.
Keeping up with routine maintenance is key for HVAC longevity. Be sure to schedule your air conditioner maintenance today, and enjoy peace of mind all summer long!
How Often Should Filters be Replaced?
One of the biggest misconceptions when it comes to air filters is how often they should be replaced. While it’s always a good idea to swap out a furnace filter before winter and air filters every quarter, more often than not, filter replacement schedules depend on various lifestyle factors.
- If you have pets in your home, you should change your air filters every two months.
- In a household without pets, you should replace your filters at least twice a year.
- Homes located in urban environments may require a 3-month replacement schedule due to external air quality considerations.
- In households with members that suffer from allergies or respiratory issues, air filters should be replaced every month.
Having served Philadelphia County homeowners for over 20 years, we understand that filter replacement is often ignored by accident. At City Plumbing, we do our best to avoid this issue by making it a simple process that can easily be scheduled in advance.
Convenient HVAC Filter Replacement
Our highly-trained technicians go above and beyond to provide real, long-lasting solutions that fit the individualized needs of every household we service. Whether you’re in need of AC filter replacements or your home needs thorough air duct cleaning, we’re here to help! Filter replacement is one of the easiest ways to improve performance and air quality, and working with our pros makes it even more convenient than ever!