If the air ducts in your home are cracked or damaged, it can allow for dust and other debris to enter your home through the vents. Now ask yourself if you’re comfortable with dust, bacteria, and other debris floating around and circulating throughout your home. If the mere thought makes your skin crawl, it’s time for professional air duct services! City Plumbing offers affordable air duct repair, and installation services throughout the Philadelphia, PA area. Not only can this improve your overall indoor air quality, but also, it can have an impact on your energy savings too!
Worried that your airflow issues are a sign of a larger problem? Our technicians offer thorough inspections and AC repairs to get your system running in top shape in no time!
Signs Your Ducts Need Professional Cleaning
If you've noticed that your energy bills have been gradually creeping up, it could be a sign that your ductwork needs to be repaired. Over time, ducts can develop leaks and cracks, which can cause your heating and cooling system to work harder to maintain comfortable temperatures in your home. As a result, you may see an increase in your utility bills. In addition, if you've noticed an increase in dust or allergies in your home, it could be due to leaky ductwork.
Here are a few more signs that may point to the need for ductwork repair:
- Your energy bills are unexpectedly high.
- There are visible holes or cracks in your ductwork.
- Your ductwork is insulation is damaged or missing.
- Your home is constantly dusty.
- You can hear the HVAC system running, even when it’s off.
Duct repair can help seal up the ducts and improve the air quality in your home. If you're concerned about the condition of your ductwork, contact a professional air duct repair service, like City Plumbing, for an inspection. We can help you determine whether repair or replacement is necessary.
When Would You Need to Replace Your Ductwork?
In some instances, the service needed for your home’s air ducts goes beyond simple cleaning. If you experience any of the following, it may be time to replace your air ducts altogether:
- Poor Air Quality: Indoor air quality is important. When our air quality becomes diminished due to faulty ductwork, it’s time to take it seriously. Don’t wait until you or a family member becomes sick; invest in air duct replacement today!
- Ductwork Is Old: When you buy a home, unless it’s a new construction, it’s important to know when your air ducts were installed. If your home is over 50 years old, you definitely need to replace your ductwork.
- Cracks: If there are cracks in your ductwork, cleaning or repairs won’t be of much use. It’s best to have your air ducts replaced completely than to lose energy and pay higher utility bills because of it.
Another common reason that homeowners opt to install new air ducts is for recent remodeling projects. Whether it’s a new den or inlaw quarters, having ductwork connected to your main system can ensure that everyone enjoys consistent and comfortable airflow.
Recently expanded but don’t have the attic space for air ducts? We also offer ductless mini-split AC systems, the perfect solution to your heating and cooling needs.
Benefits of Professional Air Duct Service
Air duct services are a vital part of homeownership that shouldn’t be taken lightly. There are many benefits to having your Philadelphia County home’s air ducts professionally maintained, including:
- Improved air quality
- Longer-lasting ductwork
- Early detection of small problems before they become big ones
- Reduced energy costs
- Cleaner home
City Plumbing has been the leading choice for HVAC services for over 20 years. Our highly-skilled experts care about our clients and go above and beyond in ensuring all needs are met. Whether your air ducts need professional cleaning or it’s time for ductwork replacement, we can help!