No matter the time of year, we all Fairmount, PA homeowners depend on plumbing to get through each day. Plumbing systems usually perform as needed and are ignored by the household. When problems crop up, however, it’s essential to pay attention and call the pros for a solution right away. At City Plumbing, we offer a range of plumbing solutions for any situation. From burst pipes to water heater replacement, our EPA, ASSE, and Lead Certified plumbing contractors offer the very best solutions around!
To learn more about our top-rated service, visit our reviews page to hear what our satisfied customers have to say.
When Should You Replace Your Water Heater?
Water heaters are what give us the pleasure of hot showers, sanitized dishes, and a great start to boiling water when cooking. It is an essential part of your home plumbing system, and when it doesn’t work right, you’ll notice it right away. Here are the top indicators that you should replace your water heater:
- Old Age: Most water heaters have a ten-year lifespan. Anything beyond that, and it’s a matter of time before your machine requires costly repairs or quits working altogether.
- Rusty Water: If the water coming out of your hot water pipes appears rusty, it’s a serious sign that your water heater is corroding. If left long enough, your water heater will rust through until leaks form in your tank.
- Noises: If you hear excessive rumbling or banging coming from your water heater, it’s a tell-tale sign that your heater is about to give it’s last.
- Leaks: If you notice puddles of water around your heater, you could have a crack in the tank. Once your tank cracks, replacement is your only option.
If your water heater is showing any one of these signs, it’s time to call the pros. If left untreated, you could have an emergency on your hands. Luckily, we offer both water heater repair and installation services, so no matter what, you’ll enjoy hot water again in no time!
What To Do During a Plumbing Emergency?
If you have an emergency on your hands, what do you do? Here are a few quick tips in case you face a plumbing emergency:
- Shut The Water Off: If water is overflowing and backing up into your house, find the house shutoff and ensure water cannot continue pumping into your home. This applies to any leaks or burst pipes that are positioned from the house shutoff, inward.
- Compromised Drinking Water: If you think your pipes have been compromised and your drinking water is unsafe, don’t use it for drinking or cooking until a plumber has checked your system. Contaminates can leak into pipes, causing drinking water to be unsafe for consumption.
- Malfunctioning Water Heater: If your water heater springs a sudden leak, shut off water entering the heating unit immediately. The shutoff can be found near the side or top of your heater.
- Call a Plumber: Once you’ve applied a bandaid to your emergency, call a plumber right away. Emergencies such as the issues listed here must be addressed as quickly as possible to prevent further damage to your home.
At City Plumbing, we not only offer 24-hour emergency plumbing services but also we are licensed Backflow Prevention Technicians. This simple device is one of the biggest safety nets for your Fairmount, PA home’s plumbing system.
Looking for ways to avoid emergency situations? Be sure to keep up with routine plumbing maintenance, and enjoy added peace of mind in your home.
Clogged Drains Got You Down?
Every homeowner knows the trial of a clogged drain. One day, it seems like your drains are in perfect working order. The next day, you’re standing in a foot of water after a five-minute shower. When water backs up in your sink or shower, there’s usually a reasonable explanation. Prevention is always the best medicine, so here are some common causes for clogged drains:
- Soap Residue
- Grease and Oil
- Food Particles
- Flushable Products
- Kids Toys
- And More!
A clogged drain is just about the most common plumbing issue you can face in your home. Luckily, you don’t have to face it alone. As your plumbing experts, we can help you find a solution to every plumbing issue you face. From scheduling routine maintenance to emergencies, we are here for you, 24/7.