No matter what time of year it is, your plumbing system needs to be in top-notch working order. If you’re experiencing plumbing problems in your Fishtown, PA home, don’t let them go ignored. Plumbing issues won’t go away on their own; they’ll get worse. If left for too long, common problems such as clogged drains can morph into an all-out plumbing emergency. At City Plumbing, we offer scheduled plumbing services, maintenance, and installation, along with 24-hour emergency services for all your plumbing needs. We are a local company with more than twenty years of proven success, helping homeowners just like you.
To learn more about our fantastic services, visit our reviews page to hear what our satisfied customers have to say.
What Is a Plumbing Emergency?
When you experience conventional plumbing problems, you can often get them fixed by using a little elbow grease or by scheduling a service appointment. But when you experience a plumbing emergency, there’s no time to delay in asking for help. City Plumbing is your 24-hour emergency plumbing service company for issues such as:
- Burst or excessively leaking pipes
- Overflowing toilet
- Backed up drains throughout your house
- Water heater malfunction
- Backflow contamination
- Gas leaks or ruptured lines
If you experience any of these plumbing issues, be sure to give us a call right away. It’s essential to fix these emergency issues right away. Not only is your comfort at stake, but the health of your family can be affected, too. This is especially true when it comes to issues like gas leaks and burst pipes, as the damage they can cause in your home is extensive.
Why Are Your Drains Clogged?
If you’re one of the many homeowners in Fishtown, PA who experience clogged drains, you’re not alone. Clogs are a common occurrence, but can easily be prevented when you know what causes them in the first place. Here are several reasons why your drains might be getting clogged up:
- Hair: When you shower and wash your hair, any hair that falls out will go directly down the drain. Sometimes hair will get caught in your pipes and stick together. This will eventually impede water flow and cause a clogged pipe.
- Soap Scum: Soap scum can attach to pipes and lead to a buildup of soap, oil, and hair. If left untreated, clogged pipes can be a result.
- Grease: Never pour oil down your kitchen sink. Though it might appear in liquid form when you pour it down, grease hardens when cold and will create blockages in your pipes.
- Food: When using a garbage disposal, use it according to factory directions. Never put bones or fibrous foods down your drain; they will always cause blockages.
- “Flushable” Products: Only flush toilet paper. Any other products, even if they claim to be flushable, aren’t meant for your piping.
If your plumbing has clogged, it’s important to contact an expert plumber. While some homeowners may be inspired by DIY fixes and store-bought chemicals, these may actually worsen the problem. Instead, rely on our tried and trie drain cleaning solutions.
Want more helpful tips for your home plumbing system? Be sure to subscribe to our blog to hear from our expert staff.
The Benefits of a Water Heater Replacement
If your water heater is on the fritz and it’s time to start looking for a new one, we’re here for you. While a water heater installation is an investment, it’s one worth making. Here are ways you’ll benefit from a new system in your home:
- Heating Efficiency: When you replace your water heater, you should notice faster heating times and lower energy bills, because your machine will be working at maximum capacity.
- Money Savings: Old water heaters often require costly repairs to continue working. By installing a new water heater, your repair bills will become smaller and less frequent.
- Increased Water Pressure: When your water heater functions optimally, you’ll notice better water pressure through your house.
- Increased Water Saving: With a new water heater, you won’t need to run the tap as long as an old water heater to access hot water. This will result in water savings and saved money on your water bill each month.
As your plumbing experts, we are available to help with all your plumbing needs. From scheduling routine plumbing maintenance to fixing burst pipes, we are here for you. At City Plumbing, we know that plumbing problems don’t occur on a schedule. Whether it’s the middle of the night or middle of a snowstorm, we offer 24-hour service for all your emergency plumbing needs.