For most homeowners, the kitchen is what makes or breaks the home. Our kitchens are at the heart of almost all of our daily operations from starting the day off right with a hearty breakfast to enjoying family time at the end of the day. So when kitchen plumbing becomes an issue, our daily lives are negatively impacted and our whole routine is thrown out of whack. Here at City Plumbing, we value the significance our kitchens have and our teams of experts go above and beyond to ensure any issues get resolved for all our customers in and around the Philadelphia, PA area!
Is your kitchen garbage disposal clogged with food scraps or worse, cooking utensils? Call City Plumbing today and ask about our professional drain cleaning services.
Common Kitchen Plumbing Issues
For most homeowners, there’s a lot of time spent in the kitchen. Whether it’s cooking a meal or hosting a party, you want to be sure all your plumbing systems are working as they should. Even with the best care, you may run into some common plumbing issues, including:
- Clogged Kitchen Sink: When it comes to kitchen drains, one of the leading causes of blockages is cooking grease. While many homeowners often throw grease in the sink, it can cause serious clogs as it cools. Additionally, because it has a tendency to be sticky, it attracts other kitchen scraps, further blocking your plumbing.
- Leaky Fixtures: As your fixtures get older, the seals that help prevent leaks can also deteriorate. It’s common for sinks and faucets to leak, especially around the base or on valves. Even the smallest leak can account for increased water bills and water damage.
- Foul Smelling Drains: A foul smell in your kitchen sink is often attributed to rotten food scraps or a sewer line issue. It’s important that any odors are addressed quickly, as a sewer line concern can contaminate the water supply in your home.
- Low Water Pressure: Nothing is more frustrating than trying to wash dishes or cook with a trickle of water. Whether it’s because of a clog in the water line or an old fixture, low water pressure should always be a warning sign that something is amiss with your plumbing.
At City Plumbing, we pride ourselves on the ability to troubleshoot and repair all of the issues above. While it may not seem like a major emergency, even the smallest water leak or clog can cause significant damage to your home.
Signs You Need Garbage disposal Repairs
If your kitchen has a garbage disposal, there’s a good chance you’ve encountered some type of issues with it before. Some of the most common garbage disposal issues we see and treat here at City Plumbing are:
- Clogs: The most common garbage disposal issue is a nasty clog. Our disposals can become clogged with large scraps of food or sometimes utensils that accidentally got lodged in the drain. To treat this, our experts will disassemble the disposal to remove the obstruction.
- Loss of Power: Occasionally, your garbage disposal could lose power due to a disrupted or faulty connection. After inspection, our experts will be able to determine the root of the issue and provide the appropriate solution.
- Loud Noises: If you go to power on your garbage disposal and are surprised with a loud, disruptive sound, there’s a good chance a metal object has been lodged within the disposal.
- Leaking Disposal: If your disposal is leaking, that could be an indicator that there is a loose screw or gasket. If the problem is minor, an expert will be able to quickly resolve this issue by tightening the screw.
Some garbage disposal issues such as a clog or faulty wiring can be a quick fix. However, sometimes problems occur that require professional garbage disposal replacement services such as a damaged motor.
If your garbage disposal is relatively old, replacement parts may be expensive or difficult to find. Also, if frequent repairs are needed, a replacement may be the most cost-effective choice. Upgrading your garbage disposal can add plenty of functionality to your kitchen and is a great option for homeowners that enjoy hosting and cooking!
When you need immediate attention for your plumbing repair issues, put your trust in our pros. With 24/7 emergency services, we can help restore your home to proper working order.
Your Kitchen Plumbing Pros
For 20+ years, City Plumbing has been the leading choice for all plumbing needs in Philadelphia County. Our highly-trained specialists go above and beyond to provide quality service and customer-tailored solutions that last. Because your kitchen is such an essential part of your daily routine, keeping it in good working order is essential.