Though our plumbing goes primarily ignored most of the year, it’s a system every Port Richmond, PA resident depends on. From waking up in the morning to going to bed at night, our plumbing system must be in working order or our lives will grind to a halt. At City Plumbing, we deliver top-tier service and pledge to “get it right the first time” for all your plumbing needs. We are EPA, ASSE, and Lead Certified and licensed backflow prevention techs. With over 20 years in the business and three master plumbers available at all times, we provide unmatched plumbing expertise and service that will leave you smiling.
We offer the best plumbing repair and maintenance services in the industry. Read our reviews page to hear what our satisfied customers have to say.
When Should You Repair Your Water Heater?
Water heaters are an essential part of every home’s plumbing. When they run efficiently, they provide hot water for showers, your dishwasher, and your washing machine. It’s vital to repair your water heater as soon as it begins to show signs of wearing down. Here are some common signs to look for when repairs are needed:
- Water Leaks: If you notice puddles around your unit, call in professionals right away. If the leaks originate around fittings, repairs are usually possible. If the leak is due to a crack or weak spot in your tank, you’ll need a replacement.
- Discolored Water: If you’re noticing debris or color in your water, it means your water heater is pumping rust particles into your home’s water supply. This is a severe problem and needs to be addressed immediately, as you could be exposed to contaminated water.
- Odd Noises: Water heaters naturally run quietly. If you hear loud noises such as rumbling, it could point to mineral build-up. If the mineral build-up is left untreated, your water heater will eventually need replacing instead of repair.
- Old Age: If your unit has reached its tenth birthday, it’s time to start shopping. Most water heaters have a lifespan of 10 years. Beyond that, it’s a matter of time before a replacement is needed.
As soon as you experience any of the symptoms listed above, call out the pros to have a look. By calling City Plumbing at the first sign of trouble, our master plumbers diagnose and provide the right solution for you. Whether that’s a water heater repair or a full replacement, our pros can help.
How Does a Clogged Drain Affect Your Home?
Every homeowner will experience a clogged drain from time to time. While clogs can undoubtedly be a frustration, they should not be left alone. They’ll never go away on their own and usually get worse over time.
As a Port Richmond, PA homeowner, you need your plumbing to function so you can get on with your day. If you have a clogged drain, your entire house can be impacted. All plumbing is connected, so if your shower drain starts to clog, you could have more significant issues in a different part of your plumbing system. Clogs can cause water to back up to the kitchen sink, our bathroom, and even your washing machine.
At best, clogs interfere with your daily routine, causing delays and frustration. At worst, clogs can stop up your home’s entire plumbing system, rendering your washing machine, dishwasher, and washrooms unusable. Clogs should never be ignored.
At City Plumbing, we can get your drains flowing again with our top-quality drain cleaning and plumbing maintenance solutions.
Common Plumbing Emergencies
If you find yourself in the middle of a plumbing emergency, City Plumbing is here for you 24/7. We know plumbing emergencies can happen any time of day or night, and our master plumbers are at the ready. Some common plumbing emergencies you might encounter include:
- Burst or leaking pipes
- Overflowing toilet
- Water heater failure
- Stopped up drains
- Sewer line leaks or clogs
- Gas leaks
It’s essential to find a trustworthy plumbing company right away, so these issues don’t get worse. At City Plumbing, our master plumbers and technicians are the best in the business and will ensure your satisfaction. We’ve been in the industry for more than twenty years and can diagnose and provide the best solutions for all your plumbing needs. Best of all, with our 24-hour availability, we’ll be there when you need us most!