The plumbing systems in our homes and businesses are often felt the most when they let us down. Every Society Hill, PA resident knows how important it is when it stops working. How difficult is it to get ready for work when the shower doesn’t run? What happens to your customers when your store bathroom is out of service? At City Plumbing, we will find the answer to your plumbing problems the first time and get you back on your feet. We are EPA, ASSE, and Lead Certified as well as licensed backflow prevention techs. With over 20 years in the business and three master plumbers available, we provide top-notch plumbing expertise and service that will leave you smiling.
We offer the best plumbing repair and maintenance services in the industry. Read our reviews page to hear what our satisfied customers have to say.
The Impacts of Plumbing Emergencies
Plumbing emergencies are more than an inconvenience; they are hazardous for you and your family. A flood in the basement can damage more than the basement area. Clogged drains can impact your whole house. Here are some common areas of impact when plumbing emergencies arise:
- Flood Damage: If your pipes burst and flood out a room, the pipe and water flow must be fixed as soon as possible. If water remains or is allowed to continue flowing, the damage will occur to not just the room, but the very structure of your house.
- Water Backup: If you can’t flush your toilet, wash your hands or use the shower because of clogged drains, your piping has a severe issue. Until you solve the problem, you’ll continue to experience back-up issues.
- Mold Damage: Leaking pipes can cause mold to grow throughout the structure of your house. Leaks need to be fixed as soon as they are spotted to prevent damage to the wood support beams and joists.
- No Water: If your pipes freeze and burst, you will be left without water. This is an immediate issue that needs attention.
At City Plumbing, we have plumbers on call 24/7. As your emergency plumbing company, you can count on us to limit damage in your home and keep your family safe.
When Should You Upgrade Your Water Heater?
Water heaters provide us with hot showers, warm water, and the ability to sanitize dishes in our dishwasher. Without these machines, we’d be back to the old days of heating water on the stove. Your water heater should work for years without the need for repairs or replacements. When it’s time to think about a water heater replacement, it will let you know. Signs to look for include:
- Noises: Your water heater should function with minimal noise. If it starts rumbling or banging around, it’s time to start thinking about an upgrade. Rumbling is often caused by years of sediment build-up at the bottom of your unit.
- Leaks: If you notice leaks around your water heater, it might be time to upgrade. As water heaters age, they develop cracks in the inner lining. When the tank expands from heat, the cracks open and leak water. These cracks will only get bigger over time and the unit needs to be replaced.
- No Hot Water: If your water heater isn’t heating water to the correct temperature, your system is malfunctioning and likely needs to be replaced.
- Over Ten Years Old: Most water heaters have a lifespan of ten years. Once your unit has reached the ten-year mark, start shopping. It won’t be long before you need significant repairs or a complete replacement.
Water heaters are an essential part of our Society Hill, PA plumbing systems. When they function as they should, they provide consistent and comfortable hot water. If they stop working, it’s a serious sign that they need to be examined.
Looking to save money on your water heater installation? Be sure to visit our coupons page for added savings.
How to Avoid Clogged Drains?
Every homeowner has experienced clogged drains. While they are undoubtedly frustrating, they can easily be prevented. Apply these tips and tricks to your home plumbing and you’ll avoid clogged drains.
- No Grease or Oil: If you are ever tempted to pour grease or oil down the drain, don’t do it! Grease and oil, though liquid when hot, will cool and harden as it travels down your pipes. When hardened, these substances will produce blockages in your plumbing system.
- No Food: If you have a disposal, use it only according to factory directions. Foods that are high in fiber and bones have no place in your disposal or your drain. Both will clog your pipes.
- No Hair: Accumulation of hair is a common issue found in many shower drains. When hair washes down a drain, it will stick to soap scum and eventually accumulate, forming a blockage. By placing a mesh strainer over your drain opening, you will prevent hair from washing down your drain.
- No “Flushable” Wipes: Though packages claim these products are flushable, they were not made for your plumbing system. Throw them in the trash and avoid flushing them down.
It’s essential to treat your plumbing right to keep it working correctly. And it’s even more critical to find a plumbing company you can trust when your plumbing gets stopped up. At City Plumbing, our master plumbers and technicians are the best in the business and will ensure your complete satisfaction. With over twenty years in the industry, we will diagnose your plumbing need and get it right the first time.