Heater Installation Services in the Greater Philadelphia Area
As the winter temperatures become more and more unpredictable, the need for a reliable heating system becomes increasingly important. During the cold season, no other unit in your home is relied upon as much as your heater. This is why when it’s time for a heater replacement, finding the perfect central heating system becomes your number one priority. If you’re in the market for a heater replacement for your Philadelphia, PA home, City Plumbing can help!
Is your heater malfunctioning even though it’s fairly new? You may not need a replacement after all. Give us a call today to find out more about our heater repair and tune-up services.
When Should You Replace Your Heater?
Sometimes, a heater repair just won’t suffice and it makes more sense to invest in a totally new unit. Although the initial costs may seem intimidating, in the long run, your pockets will thank you when frequent repair costs are no longer an issue. Some of the most common signs that it’s time for a replacement include but are not limited to:
- Age: Most traditional heating systems have an average lifespan between 10 and 15 years. Once your heater starts getting up there in age, it may be time to begin the search for a new system.
- Frequent Repairs: In some cases, when your heater malfunctions, a simple repair job may be the best solution. However, if you find yourself needing repairs more frequently, that’s a good indicator that it’s time for an upgrade.
- Increasing Utility Bills: Most homeowners have a pretty good idea of what to expect in their monthly energy bills. If you notice a sudden spike, an outdated heater could be the culprit.
- Cracked Heat Exchanger: Certain components of our heating units are more difficult or expensive to fix than others. If your unit’s heat exchanger is damaged, the most cost-effective solution is to get an entirely new system.
- Failing To Heat Home Properly: Sometimes, we just simply outgrow our heating systems. Whether there are new additions to the family or you’ve decided to add on to your home, your heating system needs to keep up with your household’s needs and demands.
Choosing to replace your heater can be a tough choice, which is why working with a central heating service company is always key. At City Plumbing, we take the time to inspect your current system, so you get the best solution that’s personalized to your home needs.