During the winter, our homes’ heating system is the gift that keeps on giving. Nothing is better than escaping the winter breeze to snuggle up at home and binge-watch our favorite holiday movies. So what do you do when you’re mid snuggle and the cozy heat suddenly dissipates? You call City Plumbing and take advantage of our heater repair services! With over 20 years of local expertise, we are your dependable Philadelphia, PA heating service company. From repairs to maintenance, you can count on our pros to keep you comfortable all winter long.
Are you frequently in need of heater repair services? It may be time for an upgrade! Give us a call and find out how you can benefit from our quality heater installation services.
Common Signs Your Heater Needs Repairs
Unless you’re a trained HVAC expert, it may be hard knowing exactly what is wrong with your heating unit and why it’s not functioning properly. Luckily, there are a few things you can look out for that will let you know it’s time to call a professional. Some of the most common signs your heater needs repairs include:
- Lack of Heat: Perhaps one of the most common indicators that it’s time for heater repairs is the absence of heat in your home. If you notice your home is failing to keep warm no matter how high the thermostat setting, it may be time for heater repair services.
- Noisy Unit: Although most heaters aren’t absolutely silent, they shouldn’t be emitting loud, disruptive noises either. If your heater is generating loud sounds such as rumbling or banging, give us a call.
- Unit Is Getting Old: Most heater units have an average lifespan of around 10 to 15 years. After the 10 year mark, you may find yourself needing professional heater repair services.
- Broken Thermostat: One common occurrence we see often in homes is the temperature being negatively affected due to a faulty thermostat. In order to prevent uneven temperatures or the lack of heat completely, call a professional to fix your thermostat as soon as possible.
- High Energy Bill: A broken heater will always reveal itself when it’s time for the monthly energy bill. A faulty heater needs to work overtime to compensate for the unit’s failure. When this occurs, you will notice a spike in your home’s energy bill signifying it’s time for heater repair services.
As a homeowner, it’s essential to know what to do if your heater is not working as it should. The earlier you address your heating concerns, the less chance there is for an emergency heating situation.
Fixed your heater but still struggling with airflow issues? Your ductwork may be to blame. Ask our heating pros how air duct cleaning can improve HVAC performance in your home.
How Can a Broken Unit Affect Your Home?
Despite what some may believe, ignoring your heater’s problem won’t make it go away. Sure, you can try to ignore the unpleasant noises waking you up at night, but in the morning, the problem will still prevail. Some other ways an unfixed heating unit can impact your daily life include:
- Decreased Comfort Levels: Without a properly working heater, winters can quickly become uncomfortable. Imagine waking up in the morning to find your bedroom is the same temperature as outside.
- Health Risk: Not only is a damaged heater uncomfortable, but it can also be downright dangerous. When temperatures drop, having adequate heat in your home is essential to prevent illness.
- Reduced Air Quality: A compromised heater is susceptible to all kinds of contaminants and bacteria. These contaminants can easily be circulated throughout your home, putting your indoor air quality in jeopardy.
The best thing to do for your Philadelphia County home is to have a reputable heating repair service company you can count on. At City Plumbing, we’ve been working with homeowners throughout the area for over 20 years. Not only can we address your central heating repair concerns, but also we’ve available 24/7 for those unexpected emergencies too!
The Importance of Routine Maintenance
Just like any other HVAC system in your home, the upkeep and maintenance of your heating system are extremely important. Ongoing maintenance can ensure that your heater is always up to par and running efficiently as possible. Trained experts are able to detect small problems that could otherwise turn into big, costly repairs. By investing in professional heater tune-up and maintenance services, you are protecting your home’s access to heat while also saving money on potential repairs.
With over two decades worth of experience and knowledge, there is no better option in the greater Philadelphia area than the team of experts here at City Plumbing. Our HVAC technicians are the best at providing long-lasting solutions that will benefit your home for years to come.