If your home runs on gas-powered appliances, you know just how important it is that your gas line is working properly. Not only can cracks and damage to the gas pipe put our access to gas in jeopardy, but also it can put our health in great danger. City Plumbing knows just how crucial it is to address damages in a timely matter which is why we provide quality gas line repair and installations to the greater Philadelphia, PA area!
Unsure if you’re dealing with a gas leak? Call us today to inquire about our gas leak detection services.
Signs You Have a Gas Leak
Gas leaks are dangerous and always require the attention of a professional gas pipe repair company. When your gas lines are defective, there are a few indicators that will let you know that it’s time to call a professional. This includes:
- Developing Physical Symptoms: Gas leaks are harmful to our health. When we inhale the toxic fumes, our bodies can sense danger immediately. The “random” onset of symptoms such as lightheadedness, dizziness, and nausea is our body’s way of getting our attention. If you experience any of these symptoms while in your home, vacate immediately, as you may be in danger.
- Gas Appliances Malfunctioning: Another common indication that your gas line may be damaged is if you notice the malfunctioning of appliances in your home that are powered by gas. For example, if your gas stove and water heater stop working at the same time, you probably have a gas line issue.
- High Gas Bill: One sign that your gas line is damaged comes in the form of an increased gas bill. If a gas leak is present, your home may be wasting gas every second resulting in a spike in your gas bill.
- Dead/Dying Plants: If you have indoor plants within your home and notice that they keep dying for no good reason, a gas leak may be the culprit. Plants are highly sensitive to toxicity and they may react to a gas leak before you even know what’s going on.
As gas leak is one of the most dangerous plumbing issues you can deal with within your home. As a homeowner, it’s important to pay attention to the signs and ensure your family exists the home until repairs are done.
Causes of a Gas Leak
The best way to prevent gas leaks from occurring in your Philadelphia County home is by knowing what causes them. Three of the main causes behind gas leaks are:
- Appliances: If you have gas-powered appliances in your home, such as a water heater, fireplace, or stove, it’s important to understand the risks. The everyday usage of these appliances heightens the chances that a gas leak will occur in your home, especially if any of these appliances are damaged internally.
- Faulty Piping: The piping in older homes is extremely susceptible to corrosion. Over the year, pipes can erode and experience corrosion, especially if your home has galvanized or lead pipes.
- Poor Ventilation: When gas-powered appliances experience malfunctions, carbon monoxide can emit from the unit and create a toxic situation. To keep your home safe from the hazards of a damaging gas leak, take care of any faulty appliances in your home as soon as damages occur.
Like any system in your home, your gas line deteriorates with age. If your appliances are malfunctioning or there’s a spike in your utility costs, scheduling gas pipe repair services is key. At City Plumbing, we not only help with repair issues but also we offer gas line installation services as the easiest way to resolve problems stemming from an old system.
A gas line issue is an emergency! This is why our technicians are available for emergency plumbing services, keeping you safe when you need it most!
Why Choose Us
City Plumbing is the premier choice for all plumbing solutions in Philadelphia County. For over two decades, our expert plumbers have been providing outstanding service to all of our clients at affordable rates. Whether your gas line needs repairs or you’re in need of a completely new installation, we can help.